Are You Having Problems With A Difficult Boss?
It is really tough when you are working with a difficult boss. Sometimes, you just want to evaporate. Sometimes, you won’t even realize why you are scolded and will start feeling that maybe you are really incompetent. Well, if that is your situation right now, you can first make sure that there is really nothing wrong with your skills. You can take fakulti pengurusan maklumat so that you will be more effective as an office employee or as an executive secretary. This way, the next time your boss will start getting difficult, you will know right away that he is just like that and it is really not your fault.
So, what should you do when your boss in your workplace is difficult to deal with? These tips might work:
- First of all, you have to decide if the boss is really difficult or there is a reason for it. Sometimes, we can’t right away see why others are mad because we instantly blame them for bad behaviour. But you have to note that while there are really bad people who seem to get mad easily, there are also those that are just triggered. So, before doing anything, see to it that he is really plain rude.
- Understand why your boss is very strict to the point of becoming too difficult. Maybe his complaints are reasonable like for example if he wants you do not stay long outside when having your lunch, it could be that he just doesn’t want the company to have a bad reputation or maybe there are clients that are waiting.
- However rude the boss is, you should not let it affect your work. That is if you still value your work in that company. Note that he is the boss and thus, there is a good chance he will never be ousted. In your case, if your performance will not be par enough, chances are you will be demoted or fired. So, be sure that your work will still be the same or even better for that matter.
- If you can, try to do things ahead so that the moment your boss will tell you to do them, they’ve already done and will be happy to you. This might be a challenge if you are new to the company, but if that is not the case, for sure you can already tell some of the regular things that your boss will want you to do.
- Try to distance yourself from your boss. Of course, this does not mean that you won’t be around when he needs you. But apart from work, try to stay away from him so he won’t notice you and won’t give you a hard time.
Your boss is just human. No matter how rude, he can still understand things and can change. Try to see why he is difficult as maybe, he has so many problems as well.